With just under 20 years of practical experience in the wine business, I have been able to work across a variety of sectors, including auction, broking, marketing, and buying (see “About Me”). As a result, I am able to provide a number of diverse services to both trade and private consumers.
- Buying (importers / wine bars / restaurants) – wine list development, including agency “matchmaking”; establishing direct importer – producer relationships. Living in the heart of Europe gives me direct access to a multitude of wine regions and producers.
- Export (producers) – analyzing export needs; “matchmaking” the producer to the importer within a number of markets; helping create the right export product – wine style, packaging, etc.
- Marketing / PR – writing of marketing material (brochures, tasting notes, vintage reports, etc.); PR development, including managing international presence and journalistic relations
- Wine tastings / educational courses – tastings can be individually designed by level (beginner to advanced) and according to theme – ex. introduction to wine tasting; blind tastings; Chablis Master Class; 2005 Bordeaux – 10 Years On; A Tour of Tuscany; 1996 Champagne – The Greatest Modern Vintage?
- Presenting at trade or private consumer events
- Professional wine assessment / wine judging
- Cellar advice & evaluations
- French-to-English wine translations